Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups
Makes 4 2-roll servings
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach, from about 3 ounces
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese, such as mozzarella, Romano, or a blend, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black peppe
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-x9-inch baking dish.
Cook the lasagna noodles in plenty of salted boiling water according to package directions. Remove when they are al dente and lay out on a clean towel to dry and cool.
Mix the spinach, cottage cheese, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and a generous quantity of black pepper.
Divide the spinach and cheese mixture evenly between the noodles, spreading the mixture over the entire length of each noodle. Roll up the noodles from bottom to top, and place in pan, side by side, touching. Pour the tomato sauce over the rolls, and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup shredded cheese over top.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and the sauce is bubbling.